· To upload firmware using Windows TFTP: Download and save the router’s firmware onto the desktop of your computer. Make sure to extract the file from the zip folder. The firmware file format is either a .img or .chk file. Connect a PC wired to the router and set it to have a static IP address (example 192.168.1.10).
· Upload the file to your router. Back in your router's firmware update page, click the "Choose File" button and navigate to your newly-extracted file. Select it and then click the "Upload" button in the router configuration page.
· To upload firmware using TFTP client: Download and save the router’s firmware onto the desktop of your computer. Make sure to extract the file from the zip folder. The firmware file format is either a .img or .chk file. Download and install the Tftpd64 software from: TFTP Client.
· Custom router firmware might sound, to the uninitiated, equal parts intimidating and pointless. But installing Linux-based custom firmware can net you better router …
· 3. Start a TFTP Client Tool, e.g., Firmware Upgrade Utility, enter router's IP address (192.168.1.1), select the firmware files. (Download Firmware Upgrade Utility at Products > DrayTek Utility) 4. Set the router into TFTP mode, then click Send. 5. After the file transferred successfully, the router will reboot and return to normal mode.
Router login Step 3: Upgrade the firmware. Once logged on to your router proceed to the update router/firmware upgrade section. This is usually on the advanced bar of the administrator menu. At this point, you will be prompted to choose the upgrade file which you will do by browsing to the folder in which the downloaded DD-WRT firmware is ...
After accessing the router admin, navigate to “ System > Backup / Flash Firmware “. In the third section of “ Flash new firmware image “, click the “ Choose File ” button to select the firmware file which usually ends with *.bin. Click the “ Flash image… ” button to start uploading the firmware file.
You are young and useful at any age if you are still planning for tomorrow.